(from 10 years old)
Our establishment accepts children in their last year of primary, known in Geneva as 8P Harmos, and in France as CM2 (Year 6 in UK system and 5th grade in USA).
As well as the official curricula for each class, Lycée Rodolphe Töpffer also offers:
- English and German language instruction for every class (preparation for Cambridge and Goethe- Institut exams)
- daily study periods supervised by the class teacher, reducing the amount of written homework to be done at home
- all-day schooling with numerous sporting and cultural activities fitted into the timetable:
-Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 8:15 am to 5 pm
-Wednesday from 8:15 am to 12 noon
-Friday from 8:15 am to 2 pm
- Drama classes included in weekly timetable
- French classes for non-French speakers included
- optional classes (Chinese, I.T., and coding) and monitored study hall on Wednesday afternoon
- Friday afternoons from 1pm to 4pm are reserved for refresher and advanced classes
Please Note: supervised study hall and Friday afternoon refresher and advanced classes are included in school fees.
As well as our educational objectives mentioned in the presentation, the specific objectives of the primary section are as follows:
- developing learner autonomy
- acquisition of solid academic basics enabling the continuation of education in the best possible conditions in the public or private secondary system
Note: After completing the Genevan 11th class (called 4ème in the French system), which corresponds to the end of obligatory schooling in Geneva, Lycée Topffer students have a choice when continuing their education:
- direct entry (without entrance exams) into public secondary system in Geneva (known as collège) with the long term objective of passing the Swiss Maturité exam or other high school studies (Lycée Topffer is recognized by the Public Education Department of Geneva)
- continuing in the lycée towards a French baccalaureate which gives access to all universities and schools of further education in Switzerland, France, and internationally.