These are the sporting activities offered by the lycée during the school year in the course of physical education classes:
|Class||1st term|| 2nd term
|| 3rd term
|Primary||Cross country running, football, ice skating||Hockey and table tennis||Athletics and swimming|
|9ème */6ème **||
Cross country running, football, ice skating
|Basketball and table tennis||Athletics and swimming|
|10ème*/ 5ème ¨**||Cross country running, football or basketball, ice skating||Basketball and tchoukball||Athletics and circus|
|11ème*/4ème**||Cross, football ou basketball et patinCross country running, football or basketball, ice skatingoire||Badminton and rugby||Athletics and orienteering|
|3ème**||Cross country running, football or basketball||Hockey and volleyball||Athletics and orienteering|
|2nde**||Cross country running, football or basketball||Badminton||Athletics and beach volleyball|
|1ère **||3 x 500m, football or basketball||Badminton||3 x 500m|
|Terminale **||3 x 500m and badminton, optional classes available on demand (tennis, handball, swimming, cross country and downhill skiing, judo…)||
3 x 500m and badminton, optional classes available on demand (tennis, handball, swimming, cross country and downhill skiing, judo…)
|3 x 500m and badminton, optional classes available on demand (tennis, handball, swimming, cross country and downhill skiing, judo…)|
* Genevan school system ** French school system
Objectives: achieving the best possible results in running, long and high jump, javelin and shot put in a safe and suitable manner. Taking on the role of judge and timekeeper for one’s classmates.
Objectives: winning by achieving a maximum number of points and using a wide variety of shots. Counting points and refereeing for classmates.
Creating and perform an imposed or freestyle juggling act. Controlling one’s nerves in front of an audience.
Choosing the quickest route to find markers with the help of a map. Respecting both the security rules and the environment.
Cross Country Run
A timed race through the Genevan countryside which will help prepare students for the traditional ‘Escalade’ race in which they can participate.
With either a dive on in-water start, students are expected to achieve the best possible time in crawl or freestyle, pick up an object in the water and follow the hygiene and security rules.
Freestyle skating, respecting security rules including obligatory helmet.
- Football, volleyball, basketball, beach volleyball, handball and tchoukball:
In a safe and small team environment, students aim to win through continuous play. Becoming part of a team, respecting the opponent and the referee’s decision.
Mixed small team environment in a sports hall with adapted non-contact rules to ensure student safety. The objective is to be able to pass the ball amongst players up the pitch.
Indoor sport with adapted rules and material to ensure student safety. The objective is to win while working effectively as a team, respecting teammates, opponents and the referee’s decision.
3 x 500m
Students run 3 races of 500 metres with 10 minutes recuperation time between each race. They are timed to the nearest second. The students note their expected time for the first and second attempts. The total time of the three races counts for 70% of the marks, and the proximity to estimated time counts for the other 30%.